Skip to main content

"Break a leg" indeed

Ok, so not "broken". But following a delightful celebratory dinner with family after yesterday's matinee, we arrived home in a torrential downpour and I slipped on the wet front steps and sprained my ankle pretty badly.

To add insult to injury, today I realised that my prescription sunglasses had also been damaged in the fall, broken beyond repair alas. (Thankfully, For Eyes - and yes, this is a plug for the company! - think they can get hold of another set of the frames, so we can just pop in my existing lenses rather than purchasing an entire new pair, at a savings of approximately $175 dollars! Here's hoping it works out...)

I'm sure my clumsiness stemmed from the fatigue following a tiring tech week and two back-to-back performances, but it's still frustrating to be hobbling around and I of course have to ensure that I'm back in fighting trim by the next performance on Thursday! I'm hopeful that it will all work out but... what a way to spend my first proper day off in a week.

I must say, however, that my daughter has been beyond thoughtful and adorable, and has waited on me hand and foot all day, making sure that I didn't have to move around too much. There are times when kids do something so unexpectedly sweet that it's all the parental heart can do not to melt right there, and today was certainly one of those moments. I'm very grateful indeed for my family!

Comments