Skip to main content

We've got WHAT?!

Today was our first day in the theater - a little jewelbox of a house - so it was an afternoon of "tech". For my non-theatrical readers, that basically boils down to "working out all the problems of scenery, props, spacing, traffic-patterns, lighting and non-artistic stuff". A lot of singers HATE tech rehearsals; I personally don't mind them and just enjoy being in the space and adding more and more elements to the performance, but they're not really "artistic" events as much as practical ones. Still some kinks to work out, but we have another 3hrs onstage tomorrow night and thus ample time to solve the various problems and get things running smoothly before we're in costume on Tuesday evening.

In the meantime, however, I have learned that we have trouble at home in the form of a gypsy moth infestation. I had never even HEARD of gypsy moths before yesterday, but apparently they have defoliated at least one of our (many) trees and are still on the search for more to consume; it's apparently a particularly bad year for them. My husband is now going to be spending much of Monday contacting various county offices to try and find out what to do (and who needs to do it). The tree which was attacked is, in fact, one which probably should go anyway (it's in an odd location on the perimeter fence and just in the way), but we have two gorgeous and VERY large maples which it would be tragic to lose, so I'm hoping that we can take some kind of preventative action.

There's a learning curve here, obviously! And I can see that I need to add to my "to do" list for when I get home next week..... can't do much about it from here except read up on these rather icky critters which clearly isn't a whole lot of help!

Comments