Skip to main content

Day 3 vs The Maelstrom

Rehearsals here continue apace, and we met with the chorus for the first time yesterday evening (at the end of a long day which included a morning photo shoot - in costume - for the local papers). We've got plenty of time to work out the kinks in the show, but essentially we've now sketched the entire thing, and it will be all about discovering fluency and adding details from here on. Business as usual. We're all getting a little tired which leads to diminished concentration, but part of the job is staying on your game no matter WHAT, and I have no doubt that everybody will find the mental resources to refocus and pull things together.

The home front, however, is a bit more complicated this weekend. Apparently my daughter needs an Electric Eel costume by Monday. Thank goodness Grandma likes to do that stuff, and has already come up with a few different options for the occasion! Phew. However, add to that a weekend which includes rehearsal for her Children's Chorus gala performance next week, a dance recital which didn't make it to the calendar AND a Girl Scouts "field trip" to a rock climbing center as well as a gig for my husband and a few domestic requirements for him to see to (ok, I admit it: I've asked him to go to the county's annual sale of at-cost compost bins, which are well below half retail price) and it's a bit crazy for one person to handle! My initial reaction is one of guilt at leaving my husband to have to field this by himself, but (shhhh!) the Evil Mom in me has to giggle just ever-so-slightly, as these are the kinds of crazy schedules I juggle all the time and I I can't deny that it's nice to be WELL out of the chaosfor once! I'm sure they'll figure it all out (with some help from grandparents and neighbouring moms).

In the meantime, I've been asked to sing for a board function on Saturday night and realise I didn't bring any appropriate clothes for this particular event, so it's time to indulge in a little retail therapy. We have a morning off so... off in search of shopping I go!

Comments